There’s a statue of Queen Victoria between Kent Terrace and Cambridge Terrace, Wellington. A replica of Alfred Drury’s commission for Portsmouth, the imposing bronze figure was Wellington’s first significant sculpture. Originally unveiled in Post Office Square in 1905, it was moved to its current location six years later because it had become a traffic hazard. (Text adapted from the Wellington Sculptures website.)
The gardens around the statue currently include two beds of scarlet poppies (pictured above).